(and as a warning, I'll do my best to keep up with MMGM over the next few weeks, but I also have ALL THE TOUR TRAVEL starting 11/1, so bear with me if things get a little hairy. And if you haven't checked my events page to see if I'm coming to see you, go HERE)
One other quick reminder: the LODESTAR Pre-Order giveaway is ON. For details, and the form you'll need to fill out in order to get your swag, go HERE.
Okay, on to MMGM!
- Tara Creel is spreading some love for THE SECRET HORSES OF BRIAR HILL. Click HERE to read her review.
- Sue Kooky is pounding out praises for THE HAMMER OF THOR. Click HERE to check it out.
- Justin Talks Books has a double feature with LAWN BOY and LAWN BOY RETURNS. Click HERE to read his feature.
- Randomly Reading is talking about WHEN THE SEA TURNED SILVER. Click HERE to see why.
- Bookish Ambition is rooting for DISAPPEARING ACT. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Andrea Mack is spotlighting THE BIRCHBARK HOUSE. Click HERE to see why.
- Natalie Aguirre has a guest post from author Elly Swartz--with a GIVEAWAY. Click HERE for details.
- Got my Book has an audiobook review of ALCATRAZ VS THE EVIL LIBRARIANS. Click HERE to see what they thought.
- Completely Full Bookshelf is recommending THE EVOLUTION OF CALPURNIA TATE. Click HERE to see why.
- The B.O.B. is cheering for THE BEST MAN. Click HERE to read her review.
- Greg Pattridge has chills for FROM THE GRAVE. Click HERE to read his review.
- Rosi Hollinbeck is reviewing--and GIVING AWAY--EDNA IN THE DESERT. Click HERE for all the fun.
- Carl at Boys Rule! Boys Read! has four more short features up this week. Click HERE to see what they are.
- Karen Yingling also always has some awesome MMGM recommendations for you. Click HERE to which ones she picked this time.
- Joanne Fritz always has an MMGM for you. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week
- The Mundie Moms are always huge supporters of middle grade. Click HERE for their Mundie Kids site.
- Shannon O'Donnell is back--and planning a weekly MMGM again. Click HERE to see what she's talking about this week.
If you would like to join in the MMGM fun, all you have to do is blog about a middle grade book you love on a Monday (contests, author interviews and whatnot also count--but are most definitely not required) and email me the title of the book you're featuring and a link to your blog at SWMessenger (at) hotmail (dot) com. (Make sure you put MMGM or Marvelous Middle Grade Monday in the subject line so it gets sorted accurately--and please don't forget to say what book you're featuring) You MUST email me your link by Sunday evening in order to be included in the list of links for the coming Monday. (usually before 11pm PST is safe--but if I'm traveling it can vary. When in doubt, send early!) (Also make sure the post you send me is a new post, not one from earlier in the week. I try to keep the content fresh)
If you miss the cutoff, you are welcome to add your link in the comments on this post so people can find you, but I will not have time to update the post. Same goes for typos/errors on my part. I do my best to build the links correctly, but sometimes deadline-brain gets the best of me, and I'm sorry if it does. For those wondering why I don't use a Linky-widget instead, it's a simple matter of internet safety. The only way I can ensure that all the links lead to safe, appropriate places for someone of any age is if I build them myself. It's not a perfect system, but it allows me to keep better control.
Thank you so much for being a part of this awesome meme, and spreading the middle grade love!